||Banking, Financial services & Insurance
Role: Compliance Officer
Contract: Maternity Cover (6-9 months)
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the Company is conducting its business in full compliance with all regulatory requirements, professional standards and business practices applicable to the Financial Services Industry.
The successful candidate must have achieved or be working towards the ACOI Professional Diploma in Compliance.
You will also have an excellent understanding of all Central Bank regulations, GDPR, IDD and other applicable legislation.
• Develop and review regulatory policies and procedures in line with applicable national and international laws and regulations, working with the Central Bank of Ireland, Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman and external consultants where necessary.
• Conduct regular reviews and/or risk assessments of business practices in each department.
• Develop a robust reporting framework to report on compliance, internally to the Management Team and externally to the regulators as required.
• Work with the Operations Manager on the implementation of an effective internal audit regime.
• Maintain and regularly review register of accredited persons, to ensure all employees are appropriately qualified to carry out activities in line with Minimum Competency Code.
• Post-qualification, actively monitor and pursue managers and employees to ensure they are on track to carry out the necessary CPD training hours to maintain their accredited status.
• Develop and deliver topical training programmes, presentations and internal communications to Management and Staff.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role, or in a mid-level/senior position in a Financial Services Company.
• LCOI qualified, or in the process of qualification, a distinct advantage
• APA or CIP qualified a distinct advantage
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good planning and organisation skills to meet timescales.
• Good numerical skills and computer literate.
To apply for this position or for more information you can contact me in the strictest confidence: Ciara Mc Ginn, Recruitment Consultant – 091 455309 - firstname.lastname@example.org