When buying online you should always take the same precautions online as you would when purchasing offline. The following is a list of guidelines to help you stay safe and secure when buying through Advertiser.ie.
• Do not pay before you have seen the goods.
• Deal with people locally and avoid going alone to see the goods.
• Always make sure the goods are in working order before you hand over any money.
• Ask for receipt from the seller after payment.
• Pay by cash or bank draft, cheque
• Ask the seller for their landline if using a mobile and view the goods at their home address.
• Be wary of people selling goods cheaper than what would be expected, if it’s too good to be true, than it is.
• Never use any money transfer services.
When buying a vehicle:
• Get it checked by a mechanic before buying it.
• Check the vehicles history by using Motorcheck or Cartell.
• Check if the vehicle is under a hire purchase agreement by calling the Hire Purchase Register on 012600905.
The following is a list of guidelines to help you stay safe and secure when selling through Advertiser.ie.
• Never hand over the goods until you have received full payment from the buyer
• If you accept a bank draft, verify it with the issuing bank before you hand over the goods.
• Never accept foreign bank drafts or foreign cheques from the buyer
When selling a vehicle:
• Do not allow the buyer to test drive the vehicle alone.
• The change of ownership of the vehicle must be registered. You can go to Citizens Information website for all the information you need.
If you ever have any concerns about a buyer or seller you can report the ad or contact us by email email@example.com.